BKFC The Season So Far 2009/10
Bookmark and Share

Bluekipper F.C. started the season where they left off with a 3-1 victory over Runcorn Linnets in the group stage of the Challenge Cup.

The Blues got over the early disappointment of a Ged McAlley missed Penalty and also losing Adam Brophy to concussion following a collision when Ynyr Jones smashed home to give them the lead, the scores were level again when Runcorn scored directly from a free kick. Having had to deal with a lot of physical challengers that left several needing treatment the Blues continued to play football and always looked threatening and this domination was rewarded with 15 minutes left when Mitch Murphy latched on to a nice hit shot to steer the ball into the net and the game was soon wrapped up when Ged McAlley made up for his Penalty miss with a fine finish to make it three.

The Blues then cruised to a 3-1 victory over AFC Chester.

It was the Blues first League game of the season and it was never in doubt once Matty McKeown smashed in from a neat Tony Armstrong pass. The lead was soon doubled when Skipper Ged McAlley made it two with a tidy finish, just before half time Chester did pull a goal back after a mix up in the Kipper defence but the Blues continued to play attacking football and on the hour Liam Jones was on hand to make it three and seal the game.

It was then time for a midweek game under the lights at the Queensway Stadium as the Blues had to be at their very best to see off a very good Wrexham side to win 7-3 after going behind early on.

Kipper where looking for their second win in the Challenge Cup group stages but fell behind early on from a fine strike but they soon rallied midway through the half to take a 3-1 lead thanks to a Penalty from Ged McAlley and headers from Mitch Murphy and Ynyr Jones but were pegged back to only a goal lead on the verge on half time.

With only a goal in it Wrexham came flying out the traps second half and used all their experience to keep the ball and make Kipper work hard to stay in the lead and after some close calls the Blues increased the lead through a Danny Manning free kick and with Wrexham now chasing the game themselves Kipper used all their extra fitness to increase the lead further with goals from Adam Brophy, Ged McAlley and Lee Lawson, Skipper McAlley's being the highlight of the night sweetly curling home from 20 yards, late on Wrexham did strike again but it was merely a consolation on a night that belonged to Bluekipper F.C

Bluekipper F.C. then secured a 3-0 Victory against Morecambe in a game that they should have been won more comfortably.

After enduring the early start for the long journey the Blues started the game sluggishly and never really got out of First gear. After making several chances it wasn't until half hour mark that Matty McKeown was on hand to smash in from close range and the lead was soon doubled when Ynyr Jones took control outside the Home sides area to curl a strike in but only after further chances had been missed.

After the break the Blues came out looking to finish the game off and it was only through their own mistakes and poor finishing that the score line remained the same but finally on the 75th minute Ynyr Jones rose unmarked to place a perfect header past the stranded keeper and sealed the game.

The Blues then continued their good early season form with a 2-0 victory over FC United of Manchester.

The Blues were looking forward to a tough game after two epic battles last season but it was not the case due to two goals which had a fortune attached to both of them. Kipper had started well going close on numerous occasions but it took a clearance from Danny Manning to break the dead lock, Lee Lawson cushioned a header back to him and Manning hit a clearance half way in his on own half that some how bounced over the stranded United keeper to give the Blues the lead.

After the break the chances continued with Lee Lawson hitting the bar but the game was finally made the game safe when Ged McAlley struck a free kick which also hit the bar but also hit the unfortunate United keeper to go in and give Bluekipper all three points.


It was then time for the always enjoyable trip to Blackburn which turned into a easy day with a 12-0 victory over Blackburn Rovers with Lee Lawson and Matty McKeown on hand to score a Hat trick a piece. 

With all 3 signed on Keepers unavailable for the game it was up to manager Peter Mcpartland to go between the sticks but it did not effect the outcome of the game one bit with the Blues racing to a early lead thanks to Ynyr Jones and they continued to dominate going into the half 5-0 up thanks to Lee Lawson's Hat trick and a neat header from Jay Eccleson.

The Second half continued in the same vein and soon Ged McAlley was on the score sheet along side Ynyr Jones and Eccleson who doubled their tallies. Matty McKeown who could not hit a barn door in the first half made up for it with a Second half Hat trick of his own and Peter Mcpartland was also on hand to score having come out of goal for the last Ten minutes.

Bluekipper F.C  then had to battle not only AFC Chester but wind and rain to gain a 3-0 victory in mid November.The Blues who were back in Royal Blue for the first time this season had not played for a month and knew they had to start well to brush off the cob webs and start well they did with Ged McAlley smashing home a excellent Darren Patterson cross after Ten minutes and after half an hour the lead was soon doubled, once again the build was all down the right but this time it was Matty McKeown who provided for Lee Lawson to slid in a excellent volley at the near post. The blues were now in total control and were playing some of the best football of the season with the rain soaked pitch adding it the slickness of the passing. 

The Second half started as the first had ended with the Blues happily keeping possession and controlling the goal but they had to wait till deep into the half for the Third and final goal and once again good work down the right left Liam Jones to smash a cross across the goalmouth for Matty McKeown guide home.

The Blues then had to rely on a last minute goal from lee Lawson to keep up their 100% record in the NFSL against Runcorn.

The Blues knew it was always going to be a tough game but did themselves no favours with a patchy performance were they failed to pass the ball with any consistency, they did however have the ball in the net three times but all were ruled out with offside, the last of which followed a Mitch Murphy strike which hit the post from 20 yards with Matty McKeown tapping home only to see a raised flag, but on the stroke of full time the breakthrough finally came when Dan Manning lofted in a deep free kick which was scrambled to the penalty spot for Lee Lawson to smash home only minutes after coming on as a late sub.

Bluekipper F.C suffered their first defeat of the season in mid January to the hands of F.C United under controversial circumstances.

The Blues had taken a early lead through Matty McKeown but were soon pegged backed but a further goal from McKeown and one from Adam Brophy gave a scoreline a more realistic look but the stand in referee started to make a impact on the game letting minor fouls go that soon led to larger one's being missed including a Head butt on Liam Jones and Striker Mitch Murphy being hacked down which lead to United's second goal, it soon clear that the referee had no control on the game and United's players were left to commit fouls when ever it was appropriate which lead them to equalize not once but twice after Liam Jones had made it 4-3. With the Blues now looking like the cast of Band of Brothers United went on to complete a historic victory for them 6-4 and leave the Blues applauded at the manor of the defeat.

Since the defeat F.C United have been docked 3 points for fielding a ineligible player but the defeat has not been overturned.


So with 9 league games left Kipper sit top of the League on 18 points equal with F.C United and Runcorn but 5 and 3 games in hand respectively. 

So not only will it be a tough run in to retain the League Title but a race against time to fit all the games in before the summer.



Email Bluekipper at enquiries@bluekipper.com

Comments about BKFC The Season So Far 2009/10
No user comments for BKFC The Season So Far 2009/10
New comment about BKFC The Season So Far 2009/10

Reload Image
 Please type the string above in the input box below.